[tor-relays] TOR relays killing internet speed

John Csuti postmaster at coolcomputers.info
Tue Apr 13 10:24:04 UTC 2021

Dear all helping,

I believe I have found the issue after talking with one of my (least favorite) techs. He was doing a CPU swap on a rack router and got thermal paste onto the socket. Since all he had on had was a microfiber cloth and IPA. He assumed it would be fine to clean it without covering the pins if he was careful enough. The microfiber cloth caught some pins and (like velcro) bent them too far out of line for us to repair. I have a new mother board being sent up but it won’t be here until the 16-23 including a new case and power supply all coming between 16-30. He never reported it due to the system turning on and appearing to work. I believe some of the pins contribute to PCIe lanes or something of the sort. I am not 100% on this being the issue but it so seems reasonable enough to give it a shot fixing. I have noticed green artifacts on the screen when booting and the graphics is on board the CPU (Integrated intel graphics.)

Thanks,
John Csuti
‭(216) 633-XXXX