[tor-relays] Possible to give something I made to tor? (message for roger digeldine and other tor project heads)

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:17:29 UTC 2021

Hi all,

So for the sake of diversity, as well as helping out Windows users who want
to contribute to tor, this is a tool I have created which makes running tor
relays on Windows very easy. The features are:

Auto installs tor and keeps it up to date.

Easy relay configuration with provided torrc file.

Can configure to start relay on OS boot.

The drawbacks is it configures the Windows Defender Firewall to allow the
relay traffic but can't auto configure any other firewalls, and only
supports vanilla bridges currently.

I am wanting to give this tool to tor project to list on the website for
those looking to run relays on Windows networks (networks running Windows
Server, etc). I've made this GUI open source with a GitHub link, if
interested. Thanks.

--Keifer