[tor-relays] ssh request from Virgin Media (Liberty Global)

gerard at bulger.co.uk gerard at bulger.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 22:43:42 UTC 2021

Surely it is one of their customers…..

From: tor-relays <tor-relays-bounces at lists.torproject.org> On Behalf Of Cristiano Kubiaki Gomes
Sent: 05 April 2021 16:34
To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org
Subject: [tor-relays] ssh request from Virgin Media (Liberty Global)

I have a Relay and a Bridge up and running with ssh password disabled, ssh port changed and fail2ban installed.

With that I noticed that one particular IP was trying to ssh my both machines and that IP belongs to Liberty Global, an Anglo-Dutch-American telecommunication company which is owner of the Virgin Media, UPS and Vodafone.

I was wondering, why is this company trying to ssh my Tor machines?

Has anyone else noticed this?

I am afraid to share the company IP here because they could be here on this list and they could use one IP to target on specific subject and if I disclose that IP they could find me out 😂

It’s just a FYI.

Stay safe.

--

Cristiano Kubiaki