[tor-relays] ssh request from Virgin Media (Liberty Global)

William Kane ttallink at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 6 00:11:40 UTC 2021

It might not belong to Liberty Global itself even though it was
registered as such but to one of their subsidiaries, likely Virgin
Media or Vodafone.

Random SSH probes happen very frequently, it's nothing to worry about
if you deny root login, force public key (Ed25519 if your version of
sshd supports it) authentication and make use of the AllowUsers config
variable.

Fail2Ban is useless bloatware in my opinion, you can do the same with
iptables natively.

- William