[tor-relays] syn flood iptables rule

William Kane ttallink at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 2 18:30:38 UTC 2021

Hi,

> DDoS SYN flood attack are unfortunately very different and hard to defend against.

What?

Not really if you understand the TCP protocol, it's just a bunch of
TCP connections (can't really call them connections yet since they are
still stuck in the synchronize state) overflowing the tcp queue.

Turning on syncookies is usually enough to deal with basic SYN flood
variants though that functionality comes with it's own set of
drawbacks.

net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1

- William