[tor-relays] Is OVH a safe vps provider to run an exit relay on?

gus gus at torproject.org
Fri Apr 2 13:47:03 UTC 2021

Hi,

From the Community portal, Tor relay technical considerations:

## AS/location diversity

It is best to avoid hosts where many Tor relays are already hosted, but
it is still better to add one there than to run no relay at all.

Try to avoid the following hosters:

    OVH SAS (AS16276)
    Online S.a.s. (AS12876)
    Hetzner Online GmbH (AS24940)
    DigitalOcean, LLC (AS14061)

To find out which host and countries are already used by many other
operators (that should be avoided) you can use Relay Search:

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#aggregate/as

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#aggregate/cc

Source:
https://community.torproject.org/relay/technical-considerations/