[tor-relays] bridge static or dynamic ip and multiple bridge config

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Fri Apr 2 12:31:21 UTC 2021

OVolker Mink wrote:
> Bridge does not require static ip. You can run one at home.
> More than one —> use different ports
>
>> Am 31.03.2021 um 22:14 schrieb gi vi an <givian at cock.li>:
>>
>> does bridge require static or dynamic ip?
>>
>> if more than one bridge can be configured per one isp connection, how do i configure?

It's *best* to have a static IP for bridges as well as relays of course.
even more important for a bridge is to have a static IP address because
it gets into clients torrc file and remains there, to be used as an
entry point in the Tor network - if something changes (like the IP
address), it requires manual action from that client. At least for
relays the changed IP address is fetched from the consensus and does not
require manual effort from the clients.

Anyway, even if you have a dynamic address you can still run a bridge
but it shouldn't change too often. If it changes every day, I don't
think it will make an useful bridge.

Better run a relay. or get a static IP address for a bridge.