[tor-relays] Collaborative Bad-Abuse-Sender Blocklist

Matt Corallo tor-lists at mattcorallo.com
Mon Sep 28 17:04:08 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I run a few relatively-small exit nodes, and still get a decent flow of the usual Fail2Ban, blocklist.de, and such
garbage to abuse PoCs. I tend to proactively find appropriate abuse/noc contacts to provide a response informing them of
how they can appropriately block all Tor exits from their SSH ports if they wish, but often get either no or indignant
large providers don't bother handling abuse reports anymore because of exactly this behavior). After a reply or two I
usually add senders to a blocklist and bounce them at the mailserver with a notice about spam not being useful.

Is there any interest in building up a shared blocklist of senders who feel its their right to send Fail2Ban emails in
non-machine-parsable formats and not bother handling replies to their emails they expect others to handle, or does
anyone already have such a list?

Matt