[tor-relays] Dropped off consensus (0.4.4.5) - reason is Libressl 3.2.1

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sun Sep 20 11:06:11 UTC 2020

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 12:57:46PM +0200, Felix wrote:
> Libressl 321 is not compatible to what is needed to make the authorities
> tor26, dizum, gabel., maatu. and longc. happy (let them not grant a
> "Running"). What can that be?
>
> Please somebody can _confirm_ this thing?

You're not crazy. We had a user on irc reporting a similar thing,
and my guess at the time was also "libressl compatibility issue".

You can see it also by using a Tor client and setting "usebridges 1 bridge
ip:port" where ip:port is your ORPort. If it's like the user from irc,
it will get almost through the TLS handshake but not quite. That is,
the Tor client will fail to bootstrap.

If you could open a gitlab issue for the mystery, that would be great!

--Roger