[tor-relays] Become a Fallback Directory Mirror (deadline: July 23)

Michael Gerstacker michael.gerstacker at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 23:05:07 UTC 2020

Am Mo., 27. Juli 2020 um 02:31 Uhr schrieb Nick Mathewson <
nickm at torproject.org>:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 1:36 PM David Goulet <dgoulet at torproject.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 24 Jul (13:30:31), David Goulet wrote:
> > >
> > > The new list has been generated and can be found here:
> >
> > Apology, clarification needs to be made:
> >

> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/fallback-scripts/-/blob/master/fallback_offer_list
> > > Diff:
> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/fallback-scripts/-/commit/0aa75bf9eaa39c55074ffaa32845b7399466798a
> >
> > The offered list ^ that is all the relays that offered to help since the
> > dawn of time.
> >
> > > In tor binary:
> > >
> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/blob/master/src/app/config/fallback_dirs.inc
> >
> > The generated list that ended up in the binary. Thus this list needs to
> be
> > reviewed for accuracy if you ended up in :).
> >
> > Sorry for the possible confusion!
> >
> > David
>

> Hi, everybody!  David is on vacation now, and will be back in
> mid-August. He'll be able to make any changes to the generated list
> then.  Between now and then, the recently generated list might appear
> in a couple of alphas, but not in any stable releases.
>
> Please let me know if there is a super-important change that needs to
> happen to the list before it goes in any alphas.  Otherwise, please
> don't worry if you don't get a reply until David is back.
>
> best wishes to all,
> --
> Nick

Great according to the Fallback flag in metrics the only relay i don't want
to be a fallback anymore is a fallback now and all my other relays that
were fallbacks previously are no fallbacks anymore and the list now appears
in a stable release.

The relay of the other operator who asked multiple times to get removed
from the fallback list is a fallback as well.

What now?
How far away do i need to throw the keys to not get it listed again?