[tor-relays] Tor relay marked "false positive" from NCSC-FI

Peter Gerber tor-lists at arbitrary.ch
Thu Sep 3 07:13:03 UTC 2020

Hi

tschador at posteo.de:
> today my ISP received an abuse report from
> ncsc-fi-autoreporter at traficom.fi [1]:
> ---
> The information below is presented in the following format:
> ASN | IP | TIMESTAMP (UTC) | PTR/DNAME | CC | TYPE | CASE | INFO
>
> 24940|95.217.16.212|2020-09-01 07:27:48
> +0000|95.217.16.212|DE|malweb|1130659|Datasource: b, Url:
> hxxp://95.217.16.212/tor/server/fp/23ad6b165137d957c09aa0f7a3ee7b05cec4a8f2,
> Http Request: GET, Additional Information: This host is most likely
> serving a malware URL., Artifact Hash: 69b9e2721018f0ebaebf901d98d8c9b9
> ---
> The ip belongs to my non-exit relay. [2] There is no action required for
> me, but I wonder why they mark traffic on the dirport as 'malware'?

I've received a similar mail not too long ago. Looking into it, I
couldn't but conclude that it was some sort of phishing scam. When
following the link one was asked to provide a lot of information. The
webpage seems to be outdated, incomplete and nowhere was explained why
they'd scan the internet for anything. All in all, the page looked as
"phishy" as it gets.

For reference, below is the abuse mail I received.

Regards

Peter