[tor-relays] How long does it take for a relay IP to stop being displayed in metrics and web service?

mpan tor-1qnuaylp at mpan.pl
Sat Oct 31 18:38:24 UTC 2020

> Beyond the discussion of whether the owners of these services understand Tor or not, it's a problem that the address is added to public lists, especially for non-exit relays.
  The addresses have to be public, because other users need to be able
to connect to them. Public listing of bridge nodes is somewhat limited
at the cost of making access harder for honest users and the solution is
only shifting the problem a bit.

> My question is how long does it take for a relay to disappear ?
  Aside from what people have alrady said before me, the problem is
usually not on Tor Metrics side. There is a third player here: companies
that offer blocklists. It’s totally up to them when they think the IP
address is “clean”. It may be from a day to never, depending on how much
they care about quality of the lists they push to their customers. From
my experience and hearsay a day to a week is a typical time for most cases.

  You may use some anonimizing solutions (VPS) for the time being to
hide your identity, if accessing those services is urgent.