[tor-relays] Snowflakes

gus gus at torproject.org
Wed Oct 28 14:51:36 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 05:32:08PM +0100, entensaison at use.startmail.com wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm not sure this is the right list to ask, but is it useful to run
> snowflake
> proxies? I only recently realized they can be run by ordinary people.

Hi,

Yes, it's useful! Snowflake is still under development, and it's not
available on Tor Browser stable for all platforms.

It's available on Tor Browser for Windows (Alpha), and on stable for
Linux and macOS.

> On the new website I don't see how you would find that out, there doesn't
> seem to be any link pointing to them.

We have this page: https://snowflake.torproject.org/
And a quick mention on Tor Browser User Manual: https://tb-manual.torproject.org

But I'm planning to work with our new intern to have some entries on
Support portal (https://support.torproject.org).

> Metrics only shows a hundred snowflake users.
>
> What is the reason they are not advertised for? (towards humans)
>
> Have a nice day!

It will be more advertised when it gets supported by all Tor Browser
stable platforms.

Cheers,
Gus
--