[tor-relays] relay got suspended

ylms tor at yl.ms
Mon Oct 26 07:06:59 UTC 2020

Hello Paul,

On 10/25/20 9:15 PM, Paul Geurts wrote:
> has any of you see this behauvior? I think there is no use in putting a

Right, there is no point in doing that. Usually such DDoS last a few
hours max.

> relay behind a ddos filter, or is there? In that case I'll just spin up
> another one.

Not necessary in this case, just ask them when they remove the Null
route and try if the relay is reachable again. If it happens frequently
then you should revisit this problem.

> relay in question is this one, almost 7 months with no interuption what so
> ever, no indication in the (munin) monitoring for high or higher traffic...
> because the vps is suspended I don't have the latest syslog so I don't know
> for sure whether anything has shown up there, but I am quite sure that
> yesterday there were no abnormal logging entries on this server.

For the next time you can try to setup SSH as a hidden service, then you
can probably still connect to the relay by SSH via Tor, as they usually
don't suspend the VPS but just don't route the incoming traffic.
Outgoing traffic usually works, so the .onion SSH should work.

Regards
yl