[tor-relays] Collaborative Bad-Abuse-Sender Blocklist

Matt Corallo tor-lists at mattcorallo.com
Mon Oct 19 20:24:47 UTC 2020

A few replies inline, but, in general, I only run two small exits, so the level of effort and amount of spam I get is
very low (my blocklist currently only has three entries :) ). If any other exit operators have a similar "I try to help
educate you, if you don't bother responding I'll start dropping your emails" policies, I'm happy to figure out a way to
grow this, but for now I'll note that probably want to just blackhole anything from autogenerated at blocklist.de :).

Matt

On 10/11/20 4:28 AM, Tortilla wrote:
- snip -

> Of course, it's important to note in this context that there's still a lot
> of education that has to happen about what Tor is and/or reminding
> operators of those automated systems that they should skip Tor relays.
- snip -
> It's hard to create a globally applicable blocklist for something like
> this of any size, since by definition, you have to try to work with them
> manually before adding anyone to the list. I certainly don't blame you for
> keeping and sharing such a list, though.

Right, I don't run large exits currently, only a few 10s of Mbps, so I can tolerate a few minutes of work responding
each time and adding to the blocklist after a few failed responses :).

- snip -

> I hear personal frustration rather than pointing out any problem. Keeping
> an email server clear of RBLs is real work, but also not that hard if you

Ironic that my mail landed in a spam folder given its from a server on a /24 that doesn't host much else and that I
personally own, has never sent spam, and is not on any RBLs. EMail is broken, this shouldn't be news.

Matt