[tor-relays] My Tor exit node not visible

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Mon Oct 19 04:57:13 UTC 2020

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 01:44:31PM +0000, netaudit wrote:
> I've set up a new Tor exit node around 15 hours ago but despite it had been such a time and my exit is visible from outside world I still get little to no traffic at all. I also cannot see my servers IP on bulk tor exit node list.

relay-search (atlas.torproject.org) is a better way to search Tor
relays than the bulk exit node list.

But that said, if it has published its relay descriptor, but it isn't
getting enough "Running" votes to make it into the consensus, it won't
be on atlas.

In that case, you can look it up by putting the identity fingerprint
onto the form at the bottom of
https://consensus-health.torproject.org/#relayinfo

My guess is that it's the same situation as the person asking this
question a few days ago -- it has an IPv6 address listed, but that IPv6
address is not reachable, so the relay isn't getting enough "Running"
votes to get listed.

Hope this helps!
--Roger