[tor-relays] Help setting up 2 Relays

postmaster at coolcomputers.info postmaster at coolcomputers.info
Sun Oct 18 05:37:11 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-17 05:27, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 10:36:48 +0200
> Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> On 10/17/20 6:30 AM, John Csuti wrote:
>> > Interesting I’ll have to look into that. I am giving both IPv4 and IPv6 so that could be the issue.
>> Should work, maybe you need NoAdvertise, eg.:
>>

>> # torrc
>> #
>> PIDFile /var/run/tor/tor.pid
>> DataDirectory /var/lib/tor/data
>>
>> Nickname zwiebeltoralf
>> Address 5.9.158.75
>> OutboundBindAddress 5.9.158.75
>> OutboundBindAddress [2a01:4f8:190:514a::2]
>> DirPort 5.9.158.75:80
>> ORPort  5.9.158.75:443
>> DirPort [2a01:4f8:190:514a::2]:80   NoAdvertise
>> ORPort  [2a01:4f8:190:514a::2]:443
>
> What issue is this config trying to solve? A properly working IPv6+IPv4
> combination does not require NoAdvertise. I guess if your IPv6 is
> broken, that
> would be one way of not telling anyone that you have it. (But then why
> not
> remove from the config altogether).
>
> Secondly, I read that there's little to no point in specifying DirPort
> currently. Is that not correct, or do you have any reason to keep it?
>
>> ControlPort 9051
>>
>> Log notice file /var/log/tor/notice.log
>> Log warn   file /var/log/tor/warn.log
>>
>> %include /etc/tor/torrc.d/

Hello,

I changed my firewall to allow ipv6 and can access the ports i forgot to
allow them through my 10GB pfsense router. What are we talking about the
DirPort and why does your torrc use ipv6 on the DirPort from what i know
IPv6 is not used on the directory. Also is there any reason you have the
OutboundBindAddress? Does your system have 2 IPv4 addresses? You general
torrc seems to be over complicating things. Is there a reason to also
specify the Address and then the same address in the DirPort/ORPort?
Either way im not sure what your going on about the NoAdvertise flag as
it is not at all what i need.

Thanks,
John Csuti