[tor-relays] Help setting up 2 Relays

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Sat Oct 17 09:27:18 UTC 2020

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 10:36:48 +0200
Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 10/17/20 6:30 AM, John Csuti wrote:
> > Interesting I’ll have to look into that. I am giving both IPv4 and IPv6 so that could be the issue.
> Should work, maybe you need NoAdvertise, eg.:
>

> # torrc
> #
> PIDFile /var/run/tor/tor.pid
> DataDirectory /var/lib/tor/data
>
> Nickname zwiebeltoralf
> Address 5.9.158.75
> OutboundBindAddress 5.9.158.75
> OutboundBindAddress [2a01:4f8:190:514a::2]
> DirPort 5.9.158.75:80
> ORPort  5.9.158.75:443
> DirPort [2a01:4f8:190:514a::2]:80   NoAdvertise
> ORPort  [2a01:4f8:190:514a::2]:443

What issue is this config trying to solve? A properly working IPv6+IPv4
combination does not require NoAdvertise. I guess if your IPv6 is broken, that
would be one way of not telling anyone that you have it. (But then why not
remove from the config altogether).

Secondly, I read that there's little to no point in specifying DirPort
currently. Is that not correct, or do you have any reason to keep it?

--
With respect,
Roman