[tor-relays] Network Performance Experiment - KISTSchedRunInterval - October 2020

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Fri Oct 16 10:55:21 UTC 2020

On 15 Oct (19:26:09), Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 11:40:34PM +0200, nusenu wrote:
> > since it is in effect by now
> > https://consensus-health.torproject.org/#consensusparams
> > could you publish the exact timestamp when it came into effect?
>
> One can learn this from the recent consensus documents, e.g. at
> https://collector.torproject.org/recent/relay-descriptors/consensuses/
>
> And I agree that we should have a central experiment page (e.g. on gitlab)
> that lists the experiments, when we ran them, when the network changes
> occurred, what we expected to find, and what we *did* find.
>
> David or Mike, can you make sure that page happens?

This is the page of what we planned to work on.

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/Sponsor61/PerformanceExperiments

We are still very early on the KIST experiment here so will update the page
with the latest today or very soon once we are starting to see/measure the
effects.

David

--
7h1/NAPdaaGpI8WG6X4FtryAZZ4EhnznUVVLqIf/04A=