[tor-relays] Shutdown of my digital ocean guard relay

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Thu Oct 15 14:24:53 UTC 2020

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:09:49 +0100
"Dr Gerard Bulger" <gerard at bulger.co.uk> allegedly wrote:

> Why not run it until they spot it and shut it down?!

Because the last time they changed the rules (when they introduced
charging for bandwidth) I got hit (automatically) with a big bandwidth
charge despite having been told that I would have "free bandwidth for
life".

Back then I argued (successfully) that "for life" meant just that. This
time they have explicitly said that people in my position will no
longer get free bandwidth if we give it away (e.g. to Tor users).

So I shut it down before the automated charge kicks in.

Mick