[tor-relays] So my relay is apparently being attacked

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 18:52:47 UTC 2020

Hi,

So twice this week I've gotten this email from OVH:

Dear Customer,

We have just detected an attack on IP address 51.68.197.220.

In order to protect your infrastructure, we vacuumed up your traffic onto
our mitigation infrastructure.

The entire attack will thus be filtered by our infrastructure, and only
legitimate traffic will reach your servers.

At the end of the attack, your infrastructure will be immediately withdrawn
from the mitigation.

For more information on the OVH mitigation infrastructure:
http://www.ovh.com/world/anti-ddos/

Regarding the relay at
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/79E3B585803DE805CCBC00C1EF36B1E74372861D

I am wondering, are relays being ddosed a normal thing? Thank you.
--Keifer