[tor-relays] Abuse received for middle node (part of the curent problem)

George george at queair.net
Mon Nov 2 22:23:42 UTC 2020

On 11/2/20 3:53 PM, Olaf Grimm wrote:
> I have just received two abuse messages from ISP Scaleway Elements for
> two of my middle nodes. Until now I thought this was not possible.
>
> No problem for me. Only here for your information.

This happened to me a while ago, even though there was no exit traffic
from the long-term relay.

Roger mentioned that sometimes the suspicious are confusing ingress and
egress traffic.  Sounds idiotic, but that would speak to the state of
the sysadmin craft today.

I do think it's worth asking them if they're sure it's incoming and not
someone connecting *from* their network.