[tor-relays] So I am moving my bridge to a new OS and have a few questions?

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri May 29 11:17:17 UTC 2020

Hi all,

So I am switching my OBFS4 bridge that was here

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/386E99371B8CD938248940B754F16AAC54B5712B

>From running on Windows to running on Debian, as the older computer I was
running it on, Windows updates started causing it to not boot correctly
haha. With some work I was able to get Debian running on the machine.

I am wondering, does unattended upgrades as configured here:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide/DebianUbuntuUpdates

Keep OBFS4 up to date as well?

Is it safe to use tor browser through teamviewer from the computer I am
running the bridge on?

Unfortunately the relay key for the former bridge was lost as  the hard
drive failed due to a Windows update causing it to crash, do the
bridge relay keys have any other relevance than flags?

Thanks very much.
--Keifer