[tor-relays] May 29th - Run and use Tor Bridges to bypass censorship and surveillance! (Online)

gus gus at torproject.org
Wed May 27 17:55:14 UTC 2020

Hi, on May 29th 2020, members of The Tor Project will be online to support
and explain how to help users in countries that censor the Internet.
From 1200 UTC to 2000 UTC, we will teach you how to run a Tor bridge and
answer questions about our anti-censorship technology. This event is
public and open for everyone!

The event will happen via text (not video or audio) on IRC, in the
channel #tor-relays on irc.oftc.net. Learn here how to connect to our
IRC: https://support.torproject.org/get-in-touch/

More info:
https://blog.torproject.org/run-and-use-tor-bridges-irc-meetup

## About bridges

Bridges are useful for Tor users living in oppressive regimes, and for
people who want an extra layer of security because they're worried
somebody will recognize that they are contacting a public Tor relay IP
address. A bridge is basically a private Tor relay that helps you hide
the fact that you are using the Tor network. To set up a bridge, take a
look at the instructions in our Community portal:
https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/bridge/

## About this event

This is our first online event promoting bridges and anti-censorship
technology and  you can join at any time between 1200 UTC and 2000 UTC.
Several members of The Tor Project will be around to answer questions
and provide technical support related to bridges and anti-censorship
technology.

We expect to answer your questions and teach attendees how they can help
friends in censored countries, how they can set up Tor bridges, and what
else they can do to fight online censorship.

## Learn more

- Tor Browser User Manual
https://tb-manual.torproject.org/bridges/
https://tb-manual.torproject.org/circumvention/

- Censorship section on Support portal
https://support.torproject.org/censorship/

- Community portal - Relay Operators section
https://community.torproject.org/relay/

- Snowflake
https://snowflake.torproject.org/
--