[tor-relays] Trouble with opening ports for a new bridge

nottryingtobelame at protonmail.com nottryingtobelame at protonmail.com
Wed May 20 15:40:38 UTC 2020

Hello,
I have two low-traffic websites hosted on Digital Ocean. Each one is its own Droplet. I setup a Tor bridge on one and it has been running successfully (20-80 clients / 6 hours or so average) so I know this is possible. Now I am trying to setup a bridge on the second Droplet.

I have Tor and obfs4proxy installed. My torrc is as follows:

Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
RunAsDaemon 1
Nickname whatever
ExitRelay 0
ExitPolicy reject *:*
BridgeRelay 1
BridgeDistribution moat
ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec /usr/bin/obfs4proxy
ORPort 6063
ExtORPort auto
ContactInfo <nottryingtobelame AT protonmail DOT com>

I am pasting the output of netstat -plunt to pastebin for the sake of clarity and space: https://pastebin.com/30UHP5FD

And here is a screenshot of the firewall I created on Digital Ocean and applied explicitly to this Droplet: https://imgur.com/a/jm9ZIQ6

I have rebooted the Droplet, deleted and re-created the firewall, and I'm not getting anywhere. Any assistance is appreciated.