[tor-relays] Relay keeps crashing (raspberry)

Alexander Færøy ahf at torproject.org
Sun May 17 21:11:48 UTC 2020

Hello,

On 2020/05/17 09:55, David Strappazon wrote:
> I've been running a bridge since october without issue. But two days
> ago i realized that my raspberry keep craching like every two hours or
> so.

Does the RPi crash? Or does Tor crash?

What happens when the crash happens? Does the device reboot? Does it
stay in some unrecoverable, sad state? Or something entirely different?

> I have updated and upgrading everything: same problem. My power supply
> looks ok.

Are you sure the power supply is able to supply the RPi during longer
peak periods of CPU activity?

Have a look at this table[1] and make sure that your power supply allows
enough current for the RPi to run in a stable manner. I have seen some
stability issues with an RPi where I used a random power supply that was
not powerful enough.

You could try to artificially create CPU load on the system and see if
it becomes unstable after a while.

> does saving my "key" and reinstalling everything could help?

Difficult to say at this point. We need a bit more information here.

All the best,
Alex.

[1]: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/power/README.md

--