[tor-relays] How Many Mbps Does A Tor Relay Need To Be A Guard?

Arlen Yaroslav arlenyaroslav63 at protonmail.com
Wed May 13 10:49:18 UTC 2020

Given that your relay is being hosted by OVH in a data-centre I think you will have more than sufficient bandwidth to get the Guard flag.

It will be weeks before you see an increase in the utilisation of the bandwidth.

If you haven't already, I recommend reading this article:

https://blog.torproject.org/lifecycle-new-relay

and also it is worth having a look at this page which is linked from the above:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt#n1662

It should answer most of the questions you will likely have about how flags are assigned to your relay, etc.