[tor-relays] Recommended router for 200+ Mb/s relay

Secure Node admin at securenode.pl
Tue May 12 21:24:36 UTC 2020

Thank you for all response.

Old PC can be good, but it's not power efficient ;)
Looks like Mikrotik:
https://mikrotik.com/products/group/ethernet-routers
have quite cheap hardware, but question is - For 1 Gb/s broadband with
tor relay (set for up to 250 Mb/s - maybe more in future) - any of this
small router will be enough?

Example: hEX PoE lite
It's powerful enough or I will need something much more enterprise
grade?

On my current setup with my home grade 1 Gb/s router my relay works
quite stable, but with working TOR I can reach speed up to 450 Mb/s (150
Mb/s for relay and up to 300 Mb/s for other services or tests). When I
stop relay - I can reach easily 950 Mb/s

If I understand it correctly - my router CPU can't handle more packages
/ connections, currently nyx reporting:
Connections (3053 inbound, 4151 outbound, 1 control) which is a lot ;)

I really want to avoid using big rack type mount, noisy router with
separate PSU.