[tor-relays] obfs4 bridge port question

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sun May 10 02:07:40 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 01:15:46PM -0700, Eddie wrote:
> > Bridge obfs4 <IP ADDRESS>:<PORT> <FINGERPRINT> cert=<CERTIFICATE> iat-mode=0
> > I have all the parts mentioned in the text except for <PORT>.
> >
> It's the port from this line:  ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4
> 0.0.0.0:<port> where the odfs4 is listening.

Right. Or if you didn't set a ServerTransportListenAddr line in your
torrc file, then you can get it either from the log line:

[notice] Registered server transport 'obfs4' at '[::]:46396'

or from a corresponding line the 'state' file in your DataDirectory.

But really, if you didn't choose it via ServerTransportListenAddr, you
probably haven't set up port forwarding for it, or made a hole for it
in your firewall, or whatever you will need to do to make it reachable
from the outside.

You can test reachability for it using this tool that Philipp set up:
https://bridges.torproject.org/scan/

Bridges don't yet automatically test reachability for their obfs4 port
(sad but true).

Thanks!
--Roger