[tor-relays] Feature request to aide bridge operators

nottryingtobelame at protonmail.com nottryingtobelame at protonmail.com
Fri May 1 21:28:09 UTC 2020

I brought up a new bridge and thought everything was fine according to the logs (OR port accessible, check, server descriptor published, check, etc.). I didn't see any activity on it after awhile, so I tried to test it and was unable to connect. Turns out, I forgot to open the randomized server transport port.

I think it would be really nice if there was a log entry confirming the OBFS4 port is open and accessible. Currently the only entry you get related to this is "[notice] Registered server transport 'obfs4' at '[::]:35375'".

Wondering how the community feels about this. Thanks.