[tor-relays] Low bandwidth

teor teor at riseup.net
Tue Mar 31 22:51:45 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm cc'ing the network health team, so they are aware of this issue.

>>> On 30 Mar 2020, at 23:00, ha3ks ha3ks at protonmail.com wrote:
>>> my relay dropped nearly all it’s bandwidth about a month ago, checking over it I can see 3 of the dir auths have given it a low consensus weighting, would that cause low bandwidth numbers?
>>> I checked my ufw in Ubuntu and it’s allowing 443 and 80.
>>
>> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 09:44:41 +1000
>> From: teor teor at riseup.net
>>
>> I have seen similar reports from a few other relay operators.
>>
>> What is your relay fingerprint?
>>
>> Have you followed the troubleshooting instructions here:
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/MyRelayIsSlow
>
> On 31 Mar 2020, at 20:46, ha3ks <ha3ks at protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> The fingerprint is - 6E1DA4C0B0C05FB721B42329C47A20DA22908AEB
>
> I have followed some of this yes, though its a little over my head

I have opened a ticket in sbws to follow up this issue:

sbws measures some relays 100x lower than Torflow

It could be related to these other issues:

sbws does not detect changes in descriptor bandwidth values

sbws bandwidth scans should require a minimum exit bandwidth