[tor-relays] Moving my obfs4 bridge from tor expert bundle to Debian, and have some questions. Thanks.

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 03:45:34 UTC 2020

Hi all,

So I am switching the OBFS4 bridge I was running via Tor Expert Bundle on
Windows 10 over to running it via Debian app for Windows 10.

This app is on the Windows store at
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/debian/9msvkqc78pk6?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Essentially, it is an app that lets you run Linux packages on Windows. I
made the switch so that I could keep tor and obfs4 up to date using
unattended upgrades.

However, for some odd reason, despite the fact I backed up the tor identity
keys and pasted them into the keys directory when I moved over, the bridge
is still generating new keys on startup. I copied the key files from my
expert bundle bridge to

/var/lib/tor/keys directory in the Linu terminal, I copied all of the
files. It’s a bridge so no big deal I guess, but wonder why that is
happening.

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/780F4E3ADBC574A63CE8155C0911E0A06BA3331D

And, I tested to see of unattended upgrades was working correctly after
configuring it with these instructions:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide/DebianUbuntuUpdates

And got this the attached photo as a result, does this mean it is keeping
tor and obfs4 up to date?

Thanks very much.

 tor update test.PNG
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c5TinBlApx5YuObiwt8pkl9w_F74O0JL/view?usp=drive_web>