[tor-relays] BadExit

teor teor at riseup.net
Fri Mar 27 10:42:31 UTC 2020

Hi,

> On 27 Mar 2020, at 02:00, niftybunny <abuse-contact at to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:
>
> My bad. Never seen this before. I there a good reason for the accept 133.0.0.0/8:80 ?
>
>> On 26. Mar 2020, at 15:06, gerard at bulger.co.uk wrote:
>>
>> "btw, you need to have at least port 80 and 443 … port 80 is missing …"
>>
>> It there. But to a /8 area IPV4, all IPv6
>>
>> I have not changed my exit policy for years.  Port 80 is there, just limited to a  /8  network and all IPv6 addresses port 80 allowed.
>> 443 all there IPv4 and IPv6
>>
>> Testing seems to be exiting OK, but badexit tag still there.

The Exit flag only request one IPv4 /8 :
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt#n2628

But if the network health team is testing a different IPv4 /8, then your
relay might appear down.

(If the DNS for the site they are testing has both IPv4 and IPv6, then
the outcome will depend on their tor version and config. 0.4.3 and
later will prefer IPv6 by default.)