[tor-relays] BadExit

gerard at bulger.co.uk gerard at bulger.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 13:59:56 UTC 2020

Oh the shame!   Never had that tag on my exit before.

I assume it was due to a bad boy attacking an IP, pointed out by my ISP, and
the ISP put my server "under mitigation".    I assume some filtering, which
of course would have looked bad to TOR users.

I did not spot the ISP's email for 30 minutes, but then I was able to block
the offended IP.  Within minutes of doing that the ISP said attack stop and
my server was removed from mitigation.  However the next day badexit tag on
my exit and remains there

How long does the tag last?

I go to my other, overseas exit, a family member, to see the tag is aslo
applied there to.    Do family members get tarred with the same brush?

I have turned both into relays for the time being.

Or have I got this wrong.   Is it a  DNS thing?  Are no some DNS providers
causing issues forcing the tag?   I am not using opendns.

Gerry