[tor-relays] Relays will be getting clock skew warnings today

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sat Mar 14 20:33:12 UTC 2020

Hi folks!

One of the directory authorities, dizum, has a wrong clock today. And
it is causing warning lines for every relay who interacts with it. :(

The log lines will look like this:

Mar 14 16:17:40.121 [warn] Received directory with skewed time (DIRSERV:45.66.33.45:80): It seems that our clock is behind by 2 hours, 0 minutes, or that theirs is ahead. Tor requires an accurate clock to work: please check your time, timezone, and date settings.

I contacted the directory authority operator and he is working on fixing
it. Hopefully he'll get it fixed today, and we can point the flood of
concerned mails to this thread. :)

Thanks,
--Roger