[tor-relays] How to Limit Bridge Traffic

Eddie stunnel at attglobal.net
Wed Mar 4 20:34:30 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm quite happy to continue to run a couple of bridges on my VPC, but I
need to understand how to manage the bandwidth so I'm not being charged
for exceeding it's monthly allocation.

Does BandwidthRate apply to bridges.  I can (hopefully) guess that
RelayBandwidth doesn't.

Does the AccountingMax apply.

I noticed the following in the manual:

If you have bandwidth cost issues, enabling hibernation is preferable to
setting a low bandwidth, since it provides users with a collection of
fast servers that are up some of the time, which is more useful than a
set of slow servers that are always "available".

Does that advice apply equally to bridges, assuming that the Accounting
options do apply.  Or would it more advantageous for a bridge to be
constantly available, as switching bridges isn't as seamless as
switching relays.

Cheers.