[tor-relays] Unused Relay - could it be because of new guards in the AS?

entensaison at use.startmail.com entensaison at use.startmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:50:27 UTC 2020

Hi people,

On Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 7:38 AM, petrarca at protonmail.ch wrote:

> Hello all,
> my relay is set up to support 42 Mbps, however does not get any real
> traffic routed through it (605EE4375EE4C38215C8949F5808863749FD4F4A).
> I checked anything I could think of but everything looks fine to me.
> Anyone with an idea what could be wrong here? Many thanks!
A few other relays of the same AS as petrarca's relay have become
guards recently.
Given that tor avoids making circuits with relays from the same AS, how
much could that impact the traffic a relay gets?
They only provide a small fraction of the whole networks bandwidth.

These are two of them:
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/80B8F5AD79F5616EFF8166B4E2128924F90DE8F0
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/1690976085F0DD5F08226722DDE01F8606EA7C48

(It would be cool if it was possible to display the traffic history
aggregated by AS as well.)