[tor-relays] What is the command to view the tor log file on Debian?

Matt Traudt pastly at torproject.org
Wed Jul 29 17:14:44 UTC 2020

Assuming you didn't add any `Log` lines to the torrc and assuming you
are using the `default` tor instance,

   journalctl -eu tor at default

-e to jump to the end
-u to specify the unit, tor at default

Logs end up here by default because
/usr/share/tor/tor-service-defaults-torrc has `Log notice syslog`. I
think (but don't know for sure) adding a `Log` line in your torrc would
override this, since this appears in the defaults torrc.

Matt