[tor-relays] Become a Fallback Directory Mirror (deadline: July 23)

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Mon Jul 27 00:31:09 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 1:36 PM David Goulet <dgoulet at torproject.org> wrote:

> On 24 Jul (13:30:31), David Goulet wrote:
> >
> > The new list has been generated and can be found here:
>
> Apology, clarification needs to be made:
>

> > https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/fallback-scripts/-/blob/master/fallback_offer_list
> > Diff: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/fallback-scripts/-/commit/0aa75bf9eaa39c55074ffaa32845b7399466798a
>
> The offered list ^ that is all the relays that offered to help since the
> dawn of time.
>
> > In tor binary:
> > https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/blob/master/src/app/config/fallback_dirs.inc
>
> The generated list that ended up in the binary. Thus this list needs to be
> reviewed for accuracy if you ended up in :).
>
> Sorry for the possible confusion!
>
> David

Hi, everybody!  David is on vacation now, and will be back in
mid-August. He'll be able to make any changes to the generated list
then.  Between now and then, the recently generated list might appear
in a couple of alphas, but not in any stable releases.

Please let me know if there is a super-important change that needs to
happen to the list before it goes in any alphas.  Otherwise, please
don't worry if you don't get a reply until David is back.

best wishes to all,
--
Nick