[tor-relays] ContactInfo Information Sharing Specification Version 1 released

mpan tor-1qnuaylp at mpan.pl
Fri Jul 24 16:05:17 UTC 2020

> I'm also fine with making it optional in the upcoming version 2
> to lower the barrier for adoption.
  My goal is not to make contact info optional. I do understand value of
such information. The problem is choosing one specific means of
communication as mandatory, instead of letting the operators choose the
one that is most convenient to them.

  My primary gripe with email is not my privacy. I decided to remove it
from my ContactInfo upon noticing that I skim over the messages and
discard them in bulk as spam. At this point reaching me through email
became unlikely: I would probably delete the message.