[tor-relays] Become a Fallback Directory Mirror (deadline: July 23)

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Fri Jul 24 17:30:31 UTC 2020

On 08 Jul (13:36:57), gus wrote:
> Dear Relay Operators,
>
> Do you want your relay to be a Tor fallback directory mirror?
> Will it have the same address and port for the next 2 years?

Greetings operators!

First off, we got 225 relays to volunteer for this round which is incredible
so thank you so much to all of you!

The new list has been generated and can be found here:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/fallback-scripts/-/blob/master/fallback_offer_list
Diff: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/fallback-scripts/-/commit/0aa75bf9eaa39c55074ffaa32845b7399466798a
In tor binary:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/blob/master/src/app/config/fallback_dirs.inc

This new list will take effect once we release these new stable and alpha
versions:

  - 0.3.5.12
  - 0.4.1.10
  - 0.4.2.9
  - 0.4.3.7
  - 0.4.4.3-alpha

There are many requirements to fulfill to be in this list so even if you
volunteered your relay, you might not end up in the list. Don't worry, the
more numbers we have the better we can insure stability thus you already
helped greatly!

We'll be tracking any changes to this list here:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/fallback-scripts/-/issues/40001

Please let us know if you need to change/remove your relay from the current
list. Mistake could have been made thus a validation would be welcome!

We'll make a general call around May 2021 to rebuild the list with new
volunteers unless we go below 25% unreachable relays.

Thanks a lot everyone!
David

--
bmDVAsOgbs4iVQEG/fcnbYlepXyGLt6h/BHi0kQ5sJg=