[tor-relays] ContactInfo Information Sharing Specification Version 1 released

Casper fantom at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 22 09:10:05 UTC 2020

mpan a écrit :
>  -  Increasing contact? No.
>     I was offering an email address for some time and the only
>     experience was no single message from a human actually contacting
>     me about Tor. Everything was only spam. Suggesting address rotation
>     or antispam filters is merely an attempt to dismiss the issue,
>     not an answer to it.

-  Increasing contact? Yes.

I offer a valid email address on my relays, because if there is any
trouble with them I would like to be noticed quickly.

There was also when torproject guys contacted me about fallback
directory. How they could contact me if there wasn't address in
ContactInfo ?

If I don't put email address in ContactInfo, well, feel free to get
reverse DNS of my relay (which is not an exit node), then go on my
awesome website (thanks rDNS), then go on the "Contact Me" webpage,
then finally get the valid address... No, that's too slow, that's not
possible.

IMHO, email is required. It is not about "tracking tor node
operators", or "are you a trusted tor node operator with 2FA". It is
about what happens if your node is doing sh*t because of mistake in
config.

Best regards,

Casper
Clé GPG: AE157E0B29F0BEF2 at keys.openpgp.org