[tor-relays] generating graphs of "attributable" operators using ContactInfo/verifyurl

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Tue Jul 21 18:26:02 UTC 2020

nusenu wrote [1]:
> I'm generating some timeseries graphs now to see what (exit) fraction (stacked)
> is managed by
> https://torservers.net/partners.html
> and those mentioned at the bottom of
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-January/018022.html
> + some custom additions for operators I had some contact before
> over time (past 6 months).
> spoiler: it used to be >50% until some malicious actor came along and reduced it to <50%

I was still fiddling around with this by
looking through the list of operators sorted by their network fraction of the overall capacity
to add more to the "attributable" pool, but it is rather time consuming,
especially if we aim to generate them on a regular basis.

To allow for better automation/scalability in this effort I'd like to ask
operators to use the ContactInfo string generator

https://torcontactinfogenerator.netlify.app/

in particular the operatorurl and verifyurl fields.

This will allow me to automate the time consuming job and generate some nice timeseries graphs.

Looking forward to seeing many ContactInfo strings containing operatorurl and verifyurl fields.

thanks,
nusenu

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-July/018660.html
--