[tor-relays] My Tor relay appears offline every 3 hours

marsbanks marsbanks at protonmail.com
Mon Jul 13 16:48:06 UTC 2020

Since about 2 weeks ago, [my (non-exit) relay](https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/94626BD21119568EB301D1E7677B272D27C20E3F) appears offline every 3 hours or so even though it's not actually offline. This lasts for about an hour each time, during which my relay also loses all its flags. However, it's reachable and pingable, and I still get some Tor traffic, though it's very reduced. I don't see any errors via Nyx or looking at my Tor logs.

But after about an hour, everything seems to go back to normal: it comes back online, with the Fast, Running, V2Dir, and Valid flags.

Does anyone have any clue what could be going on? I've been pulling my hair out trying to troubleshoot this, with no luck. And it's preventing my relay from getting the Stable flag, let alone finally becoming a Guard.

Thanks in advance!