[tor-relays] trouble with tor relay software on debian

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 05:45:48 UTC 2020

Hi all,

So my middel guard relay at

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/79E3B585803DE805CCBC00C1EF36B1E74372861D

As well as my bridge at
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/EF36AE38C162E96E0645E1DF25EF19522ADBAF90

Are not updating, though I had configured them to be updated by
unattended upgrades they are stuck on tor 4.3.5.

When running

sudo apt update && sudo apt install -y --only-upgrade tor

This is the return, it's a google drive link to the screenshot as copy
pasting the text ended up in a jumbled mess.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ULtvt8B28tTwN5DI7oLmfj7mbfBIDh6A/view?usp=sharing

It says ip address not found, I wonder why this is as I had imported tors
keyring before hand.

What's also going on is, I am trying to see how much traffic my relay has
pushed but am not able to open the log file, when using less
/var/log/tor/notices.log I am only seeing a black screen with (END) and
that's it.

I wonder why this is.

Thanks very much,

--Keifer