[tor-relays] Noticeable Increase in Abuse Traffic

John Ricketts john at quintex.com
Sun Jul 19 04:41:10 UTC 2020

See below.

> On Jul 18, 2020, at 23:19, William Kane <ttallink at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> How do you define abusive traffic?
Letters of abuse from companies and other ISPs demonstrating hacking attempts.  I am not talking about or including DMCA requests.

> Do analyze dumps of your network traffic?
No, that is not done on the subnet that I put my 100 exit routers on.

> Is your ISP sending more abuse letters than usual?
I am the ISP.  I am getting about 4x more abuse complaints than normal.

> If the latter, then it might just be a fluke - when I ran exits, the
> same thing happened - one month 17 abuse reports, the other month
> 193.. nothing you can do about it except to limit commonly abused
> ports but that's not a long term solution and I will refrain from
> doing so, even if the port is mostly abused - I am strictly against
> censorship, and all the exits I used to own ran under my own IP range
> and abuse contact, so abuse mails just went directly to spam unless it
> was actual GOVT requests.
I have received more subpoena than regular in the last two months.