[tor-relays] Noticeable Increase in Abuse Traffic

William Kane ttallink at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 19 02:08:50 UTC 2020

How do you define abusive traffic?

Do analyze dumps of your network traffic?

Is your ISP sending more abuse letters than usual?

If the latter, then it might just be a fluke - when I ran exits, the
same thing happened - one month 17 abuse reports, the other month
193.. nothing you can do about it except to limit commonly abused
ports but that's not a long term solution and I will refrain from
doing so, even if the port is mostly abused - I am strictly against
censorship, and all the exits I used to own ran under my own IP range
and abuse contact, so abuse mails just went directly to spam unless it
was actual GOVT requests.