[tor-relays] >23% Tor exit relay capacity found to be malicious - call for support for proposal to limit large scale attacks

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Tue Jul 14 21:21:25 UTC 2020

On 12.07.2020 14:40, Charly Ghislain wrote:

> However I think it would be preferable to keep as much as possible the
> open
> design at the network level.
> Anything trying to build a web of trust should be completely separate,
> for
> instance published white and blacklists.
> Authorities flagging relays with verified email or physical addresses
> could
> publish their lists, and this could
> be used by the clients with the default configuration.
> But no single relay - however bad someone thinks it is - should be
> kicked
> off the network by the network itself.
> Especially not on the basis of individual human decisions.
+1

Currently each user tinkers with his own white- & blacklist. ;-)
Long lists are created in bitcoin forums with EntryNodes, ExitNodes,
ExcludeNodes & ExcludeExitNodes.

By the way:
Your relay can be an exit from day 1. But get a guard flag only after 2
weeks or later, if the authorities put it at all. ;-)

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!