[tor-relays] New relay on dynamic IP address

Jonathan Marquardt mail at parckwart.de
Mon Jan 27 01:57:16 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 03:19:52PM +0100, Mario Costa wrote:
> Also, I’m wondering what will happen when the dynamic IP changes. Sooner or
> later I’ll have a power outage or restart the modem. Last time my IP changed
> it happened overnight for no evident reason. Will this relay lose its flags?
> Is a really with a dynamic IP address useful at all?

If your IP address doesn't change every day but only every now and then then
yes, it's definitely a useful relay.

Should the IP address change too often, your relay might loose its "guard" or
even "stable" flag but I recommend you just see what will happen.

I have a relay (6B185DEEB249E4BA6182ECA077530C45E98A6C5F) that's also just
running at home with a dynamic IP address and it still has its "Stable" flag.
--
OpenPGP Key: 47BC7DE83D462E8BED18AA861224DBD299A4F5F3
             https://www.parckwart.de/pgp_key