[tor-relays] Trying to write a script to auto update tor expert bundle on Windows 10

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Sat Jan 25 13:41:22 UTC 2020

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020, Keifer Bly wrote:

>    Hello list,
>

>    I am attempting to write a VBscript similar to this one at
>    [1]https://superuser.com/questions/59465/is-it-possible-to-download-usi
>    ng-the-windows-command-line
>

>    I am wondering, is there a url to download the tor expert bundle as
>    well as OBFS4 that does not change for newer versions? The bridge I am
>    trying to do this for is here:

You can download the tor expert bundle from this URL:
https://dist.torproject.org/torbrowser/9.0.4/tor-win64-0.4.2.5.zip

However this URL changes when a new Tor Browser is released. The
format of the URL is:
https://dist.torproject.org/torbrowser/${torbrowser_version}/tor-win64-${tor_version}.zip

You can get the current ${torbrowser_version} from this json file:
https://aus1.torproject.org/torbrowser/update_3/release/downloads.json

For the ${tor_version}, I think the easiest would be to look at the
sha256sums-signed-build.txt file to find the filename matching
tor-win64-*.zip.